C R I C K E T

I may be the last person in India to know and write out that Pakistan won the icc match rather -  in media's word - lifted the icc trophy.  so what. My mind retorts blankly.   I have that much interest in this game. 

Facebook, and Twitter were flooded with  verbal abuses and virtual celebration. And I had to know the following.... 



Huffpost had a post of the newspapers from Pakistan publishing the celebration being carried for their win.   And in the comments, many Indians endorsed heartily that this should be normal ordeal....and anybody who wins will act in the same way.   Some even went to the extent that huffpost creating rift between the two countries/communities.  

Some  Hindus and  many Muslims were immediately brought under microscope and put under radars who cheered the win and showed their sportsmanship. But like Harshad Seksena with his video and fair talks won many hearts.  

If there was not Oval, I would never know that provocative Virendra Sewak, and confrontation and abuse by Rashid Lathif.  I would never know that Souru Ganguli asked Sewak to behave in the media. I would never know that Dhoni had a beautiful photographs along with the child of Sarfaraz Ahmed.  I would never know that some Pakistan fans asked Kohli about "baap", Mohammed Shami went ahead to confront and Dhoni backed him off to save the situation. I would never know that  gracious Virath kholi was lauded in Pakistan and it's win was celebrated in India (but oops..... Some were arrested for sedition and for their foolishness.).

The moment the last ball was bowled at the Oval, the undeclared match of words started in the Social networks and lot of unprintable followed.  India witness many Hindus cheering the win and many Muslims crying for the loss.   This made the balance perhaps and indicate the grace in us. 

But it is very very sorry affair that while playing cricket we conveniently slip  into terrorism and patriotism and many other isms. And the success in hockey and badminton lingers in the thin air sorrowfully.  

But so far I have not read Katju, Rana Ayyub and Azeezullah Faisal in this regard.  If you know some by chance please share  in my wall.   Maybe Ram Nath Kovind, the presidential candidate keeps them busy.

TK Rafeeq Ahmed, Vaniyambadi

Comments

Popular Posts