Teachers Day

Happy Teachers Day

First google with its animated gif, what you call, doodle maybe? And secondly Gulzar Ahmed's post with beautiful and selective quotes of the eminent regarding the noble profession, reminded me that today is teacher's day - September 5, birth day of Dr Radhakrishnan, first vice president and second president of the country, taught at Madras Presidency College. When his students wanted to celebrate his birth day, he expressed his desire to celebrate it as teachers day, a way, a chance to pay tributes to a sect who works and thinks for the success of all the children unlike the parents who works only for the welfare of their own children. Individually, if you see in the life of a man, teachers are the direct link and reason after the parents for his success and uplifts.

A successful man must acknowledge his teachers if he has even some sense of gratitude.  For Mustafa Kamal Atatürk finds that a good teacher consumes himself like a candle to light the way for others. From Mandi Abdul Ghani sb to Prof. Rahmatullah Vellore to Ashfaq sir (my son's teacher) and Shafeeq Mohammed Modi in this noble profession, I am indebted along with others to them even for the meager success I got academically and commercially.  Apart from them, we do have guides and business associates, who were and are a source of inspiration and taught management skill with their supports, words, assistance, tactics, experiences, involvements and commitments. (definitely a long list).

The third lot who are instrumental in increasing my horizon of knowledge are Google, YouTube, Facebook and WhatsApp. Those are the virtual teachers who taught me 3D architectural Visualization, Database management and Photography, at least some aspects of those subjects.

Its hightime for me to remember Abdul Rahman Saab, Urdu munshi, who understood my cravings and told to inspire me that you were trying to write like "him, a great Urdu writer"  in a fine morning for my amusement while giving us back the corrected exam papers. I cannot forget him , Noorullah Hazrat, now Noor Aafaq, great urdu poet with beautiful hand writing, our childhood ideal with spotless white shirt and lungi, smelling always fresh. He explained the importance of clear and beautiful hand writing. Then Ahmed sir - who used to teach maths in a very innovative and stylish manner -  went on his final journey recently. Syed Ahmed saab, who left this world in a very young age. Farooq Saab, all may have remember this retired softly speaking teacher of science. I am having his best thing in my home (later on, he became my father in law).

Prof Zubair, an English teacher from Kerala, who somehow made you understand the Milton's Paradise Lost, Prof Krishna Moorthy, the first brahiman I found who was not fair and would make you  lean forward in your seat to listen to the dry subjects like Thermodynamics and quantum mechanics in his clear and well modulated voice.  I took one instrument to measure the shapeless components of shoe upper to him to know the mechanism and know-how. This was brought by my boss from Germany while in service.  Dr. Ramu, well versed with hexagon, hydrocarbons and chess, taught us organic chemistry, never messed up with others. Prof Ghori, used to draw all the diagrams of biological and zoological aspect in no time on the black board with dedication. From ameoba to the cross section of Delonix Regia, scientific name for the may flower. (Amazed that I still remember the name, believe me I didn't consult Google). And lastly, Prof Imran Predhanekar, teacher from the new genre, is to support when I needed the most of it,  ie when I had the damned limping and the horrible pain  in my knees.

Maybe many would not have find a mention of them, because of obvious  reasons that everything cannot be summed up in one go.  I remember another young teacher, who inspired me to write more  commenting on my first writing in Facebook reg Ramazan, some 7 year back. yes its Tabreze IJ.

My respect and tribute to the teachers of this world on this day of September 5.

My sincere apology and thanks to read that long.


TK Rafeeq Ahmed, Vaniyambadi

Comments

Popular Posts